Controls Engineer (Junior Level)
TFS is a leader in thermal fluid safety and maintenance services worldwide, assisting manufacturing and process businesses, cut operational costs, improve workplace safety and reduce their impact on the environment by ensuring thermal fluids can be safely used for longer.
An understanding and shared passion for our vision and values of Client Satisfaction, Respect, Credibility, Ethics and Trust, is essential.
We invite CV and covering letter applications for the above role to join our excellent team and growing business.
|Job Title||Controls Engineer|
|Reporting to||CEO America|
|Salary||USD: $40,000 – $70,000 / CAD: $40,000 – $80,000|
|Hours||9am – 5pm, Monday to Friday|
|Location||Remote working, travel is essential|
About the job
Thermal Fluid Solutions (TFS) is at the forefront of the thermal fluid industry and has an exciting new opportunity for a driven, self-motivated individual to join our growing organisation, established over 25 years ago. You will be part of an exciting automation and process control team, having a pivotal role in solving our customer’s challenges using your creativity and technical expertise, to implement niche control system solutions. Show brilliant attitude while interfacing with customers providing support and value-added expertise.
- Create and commission industrial control systems, PLC software design, and HMI screens for different industries and environments
- Analyze the integrity of the thermal oil control systems, in various industries, with respect to safety, process optimization and future improvements
- Ensure that systems are designed and programmed to customer satisfaction using preferred techniques & approaches
- Support in conducting safety device test audits for various thermal oil systems
- Collaborate effectively with clients, attend client field service, and partake in client meetings
- Travel to customer sites for initial assessment, installation, and start-up of systems
- An Engineering Degree or Technology Diploma in Electrical, Mechatronics, Systems Design, or related experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience with PLCs (Allen Bradley & Siemens), and HMI programming (RSView32, FT View SE & ME, Wonderware Intouch)
- Strong technical expertise with respect to instrumentation like, but not limited to, flowmeters, transmitters, control valves, actuators etc.
- Experience with burner/furnace controls would be an added asset
- Knowledge of a variety of field bus networks like Ethernet I/P, DeviceNet, ControlNet etc. would be beneficial
- Positive attitude, willingness, and enthusiasm to learn quickly regarding industry or manufacturing processes
- Strong penchant of problem-solving and motivated by unique challenges
- Works exceptionally well with people from diverse backgrounds
- Extraordinary communication skills, in both oral and written English, to build rapport and positive relationships with clients
- Ability to travel (around 50%) within the US and Canada. Should be able to provide proof of work authorization
TFS offers an exceptional salary package which will correspond with the qualifications of the candidate. The job will be fully based on Work from Home and would offer an excellent work-life balance. The junior controls engineer would be able to learn from a team of people with expertise in the industry for over 25 years and grow their careers beyond borders. We also provide comprehensive medical/dental programs, life insurance plans and a generous paid time off program. The candidate would be able to grow their career along with the ever-growing needs of this unique industry.