Fluid Testing & Analysis
Our diagnostic testing and analysis service helps identify problems with thermal fluids before they cause system damage.
- Reduced maintenance and thermal fluid replacement costs
- Improved safety
- Improved system reliability
- Better maintenance planning
The continued use of thermal fluids will eventually lead to a breakdown of the liquid structure. Often the result of general wear and tear, it will accelerate at extremely high or low operational temperatures. Poor system design or changes in processing can also contribute to rapid fluid degradation and system malfunction.
The sampling and analysis of thermal fluid is a requirement of the Dangerous Substances and Explosive Atmospheres Regulations – the UK implementation of the EU ATEX Directive.
TFS Fluid Testing & Analysis Service
Thermal fluid systems are complex. The diagnostic service we provide takes into account upper and lower thermal limits, the interaction of thermal fluid with system components and past test results for a comprehensive understanding of any systems implications and corrective action necessary.
In house fluid tests:
- Viscosity @ 40°C ASTM D455
- Closed Flash Point, Pensky Martens ASTM B D93-00°C
- Open Flash Point, Cleveland ASTM D92-98a °C
- Fire Point, Cleveland ASTM D92-98a °C
- Carbon Level, Ramsbottom ASTM D524 %wt
- Total Acid Number, D664-95 (Reapproved 2001)
For further information contact our expert team on
+44(0)1298 815 862